Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This Tuesday with Old Lady Mary

I'm just shy of posting this when it's still Tuesday. I had grand plans for getting it done earlier, but then I went into a fit of history of the English language nerdery, and all hope was lost. So here's the photo, a bit late. It was hot today, so I did my best to dress for the heat but still keep it pretty for OLM. Click on the photo if you want some more details about OLM's reaction.

tuesday, july 27, 2010

The pace of summer is as fast as ever, maybe faster, but still I have managed to start working out five days a week again. There's nothing wrong with doing less, but I feel better when I'm getting more vigorous movement into my life on a regular basis. It's funny to me how quickly I forget the practicalities of working out, like how much more water I need to drink and how I'm a lot hungrier, especially when I first get back into the swing of things. If I'm at your house and half your leftover pizza goes missing, it's fair to blame me. It's also fair to complain when I tell you I want a couple of bites of whatever it is you're having and then proceed to eat more than half of it. I'm really sorry about this; once I get used to this level of hunger, I promise I'll bring my own snacks. And also I will share.

That is, if you're quick enough to grab some of what I'm having before I've devoured it all.

Good luck with that.

No comments: