Saturday, September 11, 2010

People Get Ready, Nola is Coming!*

I'm anxious to have everything in Nola Z's room ready, both so I don't have to think about it anymore, and because I have been notified that people are expecting photos, so tonight I removed the cushiony glider from our Amazon registry and ordered something a little sleeker and a lot less expensive. Tomorrow Jarod and his dad will build her bed (based on this, but twin-sized mattress instead of toddler), and that will be that. There is an empty frame in there, but I figure if we don't end up with the print from our registry, we will get something special in Ethiopia. Or I'll get a little crafty with a map of Africa, swiped from the internet, and my decoupage supplies. (Mod Podge and I are like this.) There's nothing wrong with a good collage, am I right?

Beyond that, we are still waiting for those two items I mentioned previously to arrive. I've got tracking information for my passport (Ethiopian visa now included!) that indicates that it will be delivered on Monday, and it seems I'll have to grow as a person (AGAIN, thanks a LOT, USCIS) in order to get the amended I-171H (advance something something orphan let us into the USA, please) that we were supposed to get, um, at least a month ago. Oh, well.

And there are a few various and sundry other things to attend to. I'm about to leave for Walgreen's to get some Earplanes and motion sickness bands, and I've a feeling I'm a little more excited about it than your average traveler might be. I am also doing laundry so that I can pack the rest of my clothes. What's that you say? We don't leave for two weeks? I know; I just really like being prepared. It's fun.

*For those of you with evangelical Christianity (with an emphasis on Christian rock praise music) in your background who get the joke of the title, perhaps you think I should change it? It would make more sense to say, "Nola get ready, people are coming, coming to take you home..." My apologies to those of you who do not get the joke. That song is horrible, yet catchy, and I would have to apologize more if I were to get that song stuck in your head.

No comments: