Wednesday, November 03, 2010

What to Wear When You're Electing

Oh, man, I love fall. The weather is just right for my taste, and I just love switching out my summer wardrobe for my fall/winter duds. I always forget about some awesome thing I already own, or discover a new combo of old favorite items, and it's like shopping in my own closet every single day*. Well, until February, when we are all officially over the Midwestern winter and I start thinking about pedicures and open-toed shoes. But I do love to layer it up regardless, so this is the best season of all. And this fall I have even more reason to get the styles right, as I am now a style example to a small girl. No Yoga Pant Mom here! Bring on the jackets! Hand me some boots!

election day style

Today Zinashi and I headed out to vote in style. You can't see her style, but trust me when I tell you that her layers were the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas. I really got just what I was hoping for in this girl who jumps for joy when I bring out a new outfit and eats chocolate cake with gusto. What a girl, and what a day. Fall weather, fall outfits, fall awesomeness. I can't wait to get up and dress us both again tomorrow.

*This is amplified by our recent trip to Ethiopia, during which I wore the same three pairs of pants, five shirts, four cardigans, and two pairs of shoes for thirty days. I came home and was all "Would you look at all this VARIETY?!" I felt downright spoiled.

1 comment:

white girl said...

You are one stylin' mama!

I love Zinashi's legs sticking out of the carriage - and her pink socks! hee!

Good on you for voting! If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain. That's my motto!