Sunday, December 19, 2010

Neglectful

It's true, I have been neglecting this blog. It's because I've found a new blog, and it's taking up more of my time. I'm sorry. Kind of. I think most of you are reading over there anyway, right? RIGHT? But still, I should keep this up, if for no other reason than the fact that Zinashi will someday grow up and go to college, and I'll still need a place for myself on the internet. So let's catch up, shall we?

First of all, I have not provided Tuesdays with Old Lady Mary photos for the past two Tuesdays. Here they are:

tuesday, december 7, 2010
Tuesday, December 7

tuesday, december 14, 2010
Tuesday, December 14

As always, click on the photo for more details on the outfits and OLM's reactions.

And now, the long-awaited update, brought to you by the fact that I'm a delicate little introverted flower. I sent Jarod off to church with Zinashi this morning and stayed home, mostly because the thought of having to get out of my house and see a lot of people made me want to cry. Scratch that--not want to cry, I did cry. Just a little bit, but still. STILL. I have written about figuring out motherhood as in introvert on our adoption blog here, here, and here. One thing I didn't think about until last night, when Zinashi and I went to the first big holiday gathering of the year, was how much more stressful the holidays would be for me, even with (somewhat) fewer gatherings to attend. I think the stress was compounded by Jarod working three late evenings this week, plus the fact that we now have three different gathering to attend this weekend, and I'm flying solo for two of them (last night's being the first). So. Deep breaths. I can do this. People do harder things than this all the time without crying, so I don't need to have a pity party. I'm just going to sit here and drink my Ethiopian coffee for a few minutes and then have a lovely shower and get my house in order. Because of course that bothers me, too. Let's throw another log on my stressed out fire! Hooray!

No, but really, I'm going to be fine. I am fine. I love mothering my daughter, and the rest of it just needs to be figured out and settled into. I'm getting there; I'm just not there yet. But I've got time. I've got lots and lots of time. Two hours alone this morning, in fact. Thank heaven and my longsuffering husband.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: