Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Work

out our front window

It's a rainy, chilly day, and Zinashi is sleeping later for her nap than I'd usually like, but I can't be bothered to care. Frankly, she's probably way behind on sleep, and a day like this is the best day for her to catch up. I told her that if she does a "gobez tinyi" (good sleep), she can use her own money to get buna (coffee--but for her, really hot chocolate--don't tell her it's not coffee, though). Worked like a charm. I've had some quiet moments to update our Finding Magnolia blog, pay bills (drudgery), and eat a little something without someone clamoring for a bite. I'd say we all win in this situation.

Our old goal was to put our house on the market this month, but a lot of things have happened to make that impossible, the most noteworthy of which is the delay in processing of our adoption tax credit. We can't pay someone to do work on our house if we don't have money, so for now we are sitting tight and trusting that when the time is right, the money will be there, and we can put the house on the market, and all will work out as it was meant to. In the meantime, I am trying to get on top of my regular cleaning and do small projects along the way. The geraniums in the photo above are one of the small projects. Little by little, the house beautification will get done, and little by little I'll move on to other projects I'd like to complete, and little by little we'll make life happen.

So this is my work for now. Care of Zinashi always comes first, but after that there's work on the house, both of the usual maintenance sort and the making-it-nicer sort. There's work on our Finding Magnolia blog and work on our finances. It keeps me more than busy. Except for the part where I got paid, I don't miss having another job. I don't know how I'd get all the rest of this done if I did. I truly am in awe of all you single parents who manage to get everything done on your own. You are rock stars. Really.

And now, back to work.

No comments: